Did you know that in 2017, it is said that 85% of all online paid advertising goes to two companies alone? Google and Facebook. While hotels and travel brands in general are very active with SEO initiatives for their website, paid search campaigns on Google (with some folks opting for Bing and Yahoo as well) are pretty much the norm in the marketer’s toolkit. But Facebook and social media in general? Not so much, yet.
Surprisingly, there are still quite a few reluctant organizations who use the platform only as an extension of their paid initiatives, conducting one-way communication with non-targeted audiences, rather than trying to establish a community relationship. This is how and why Facebook can become a much more potent tool when used wisely.
The folks at The Dunloe created this handy infographic that summarizes following key steps for hotels to up their game on Facebook:
- Intro: Set up your Facebook Page properly
- Invest in promoted content and ads to reach wider audiences
- Use Facebook’s demographic data in targeted campaigns
- Combine the power of Facebook data with the visual appeal of Instagram
- Enrich guest customer service using Facebook Messenger for business
- Create engagement opportunities using Facebook Live video or 360
- Encourage Facebook check-ins and reviews
- Host Like & Comment competitions
Check out the detailed infographic below.
Want to learn more about Facebook Ads in particular? Make sure to sign up for the upcoming webinar Create Killer Facebook Ad Campaigns & Boost Your Traffic