Today, travelers don’t purchase packages like they once did. We search online, base our decision-making on reviews made from strangers, share experiences – good and bad – on social media, and even buy our airline tickets or make hotel reservations on our smartphone. When it comes to travel marketing, and more specifically online marketing, travel brands often struggle with the endless possibilities, new technologies and emerging social networks. Whether you are a destination, a hotel or B&B, a transportation company, a restaurant, an attraction or perhaps a travel agency or tour operator, it’s certainly a challenge to keep up with the changes and prioritize among the meaningful tactics that will generate the best bang for your buck.
In order to make sense of it all and better use the tools at hand, I developed a brand new online training series: Fundamentals of Digital Travel Marketing.
8 Hours of Content
There are many advantages to subscribe to this online training series, but allow me to highlight just a few:
- Learn at your own pace: you can stop, rewind, move forward or replay any segment at your leisure. Many folks pause the video, try out the concepts on their own website or social media account, then come back to the video, for example.
- Watch videos whenever you want, wherever you are: at the office, at home, on the go. You simply need a wifi connection to access the videos.
- No time wasted getting to/from a training session in a downtown area (and no parking hassles and fees, either!). And because webinars are pre-recorded, time zones are not a issue!
- There is printable material to go with every session, in order to facilitate comprehension and note-taking.
- If you are not happy with the product, there is a 30-day guarantee. Money back guarantee, no questions asked.
What is important to mention is that all the content is geared towards travel & hospitality practitioners, dealing with the challenges of managing websites, understanding mobile and making the most of social networks for their brand. This stems from my 20+ years of experience working in the travel industry, in particular the last three as a strategic consultant for DMOs, independent hotels, restaurants and attractions. I have given many conferences on the topic, in-house training, and understand the challenges shared by many small and medium organizations.
Here is an overview describing the eight sessions of the training focused on the establishment of a dynamic content strategy for your brand.
How the traveler’s decision cycle works today and which content platforms to prioritize.
- What drives a digital strategy ?
- What type of objectives should a brand measure?
The 5 golden rules for a dynamic digital content strategy will be discussed, and how to use them in a scarce resource context (time and money).
Your website remains at the heart of your online presence, but is it SEO and mobile optimized?
- What you need to know about SEO (search engine optimization)
- SEM and advertising options on the web
Is a blog necessary to improve your brand storytelling and website performance? What is the difference between a mobile-first site, a site in responsive design and a mobile optimized site?
What role should emails and databases play in your digital marketing approach? Sending newsletters remains a powerful communication tool, assuming they are mobile optimized and you use some form of A/B testing to improve their performance.
- The need to automate sending processes, at the right time and to the right people
- Paid versus free tools
To optimize your presence on Facebook and benefit from its potential, we must first understand the beast! We will demystify:
- How EdgeRank works
- Tips for effective organic publications
- The various paid options
- Contests and offers
Facebook is becoming more and more complex, but it is not a reason to throw in the towel! In fact, there are several good opportunities to seize.
According to some studies, review sites would now be the most influential source when planning the trip. Thus, it is important to:
- Understand how TripAdvisor’s and Yelp’s algorithms works
- 6 tips to better manage your online reputation
By using hospitality & travel examples, we will see why it is important to manage your brand’s presence on these sites and what are the benefits of doing so.
What are the main photo sharing and video platforms and what are their impact in the digital travel equation? We will focus on the following social media:
- Other platforms
As photo and video play an increasing influential role, it is important to master their potential for your brand.
In a business to business perspective, two social media stand out as particularly effective: Twitter and Linkedin. Yet, few organizations use them efficiently. In this webinar we cover:
- The role of the Corporate Blog
- How to use Twitter for B2B needs
- How to optimize your presence on Linkedin
These platforms complement other possibilities which we will briefly discuss at the end of workshop.
Sometimes social media and new technologies seem difficult to measure. You need to know which tools to focus on and most importantly, what goals to achieve. In this webinar, we will discuss:
- A few useful tools to manage a multi-platform presence
- Performance indicators to monitor
- How to measure the success of your digital initiatives
We will highlight the best practices and benchmarks for the different tactics mentioned in the previous webinars.
Webinars in this series can be purchased either individually or as a package. Each webinar is available for CAD$69, or you can subscribe to all eight webinars for as little as CAD$447 – which is about USD$337 at today’s rate!
Limited Time Offer: Subscribe to the series of eight webinars before September 31, 2015 and shave off an additional 40% !! Simply use the promo code Travel40 at time of payment. Imagine, that’s only CAD$268 for eight hours of content that will help you jumpstart your online marketing today! (And if you are paying in US dollars, that’s about 199$, a, incredibly good deal!)