Interested in booking Frederic for a presentation? Simply send an email to email@example.com
Whether it’s for a dynamic presentation to a small or private group, or a speaking opportunity in front of a wide conference crowd, Frederic has the experience and know-how to share his passion and captivate the audience with up-to-date relevant content delivery. Customized training sessions are also available for groups of within companies who request it. The content of these conferences applies for companies dealing directly with customers (B2C) as well as with other companies (B2B) and on a personal level (personal branding).
1. TRAVEL MARKETING IN THE DIGITAL AGE: A MOVING TARGET !
In this era of omnipresent social media and mobile devices, internet and new technologies are the new battleground for marketing and communications. How much of your budget should you allocate on digital initiatives? How can we calculate the ever-elusive concept of social media return on investment (ROI)?
This keynote session includes:
- Overview of social media and mobile web in Quebec and worldwide;
- Differentiate media platforms and which to prioritize in the travel & hospitality sphere;
- Newsletters, flash sales sites, online travel agencies… versus traditional media: where to invest your dollars for maximum impact?
Keynote conference that will be presented to members of Tourism Pontiac (Outaouais), on March 27th, to members of Tourisme Lévis (Québec), on April 18th, and members of Tourisme Charlevoix (Montreal), on April 25th.
Who would have thought one day travel would overtake the porn industry as the dominant one on the web! Indeed, we now live our travel experiences via social media and online review sites, before, during and after our trip. How does this affect the overall experiene and how have hospitality players embraced the change? This keynote session will allow you to better understand:
- The social media landscape in tourism in Quebec, in Canada and across the globe
- The mobile revolution and its impact on the travel decision-making process
- Practical examples of how destinations and properties make the most of these opportunities as competitive advantages
Presentation to be given during the two-day event (in French) Le Printemps des Réseaux Sociaux à Québec, in Quebec City, April 16-17, 2013. Details and registration
1. E-TOURISM: DEVELOP YOUR WEB MARKETING STRATEGY
+ Understand the travel purchase decision-making process for consumers
+ Understand traditional and new channels of distribution in the travel industry
+ Learn to use new tools and methods to optimize brand positioning
+ How to structure an online content strategy
Full-day training to be given (in French) at Eastern Quebec Center, this coming April 19th, 2013. Details and registration
2. INTRODUCTION TO SOCIAL MEDIA & WEB MARKETING
Overview of social media, key platforms and best practices in a business context. Emphasis is then put on practical examples according to your industry and reality, i.e. tourism, culture, municipal, publishing, automobile, etc.
Training takes place in two phases. First, an overview of social media:
- Impact on social communications, both personal and professionnal
- Who uses social media and how?
- What role for social media’s “big 5”: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ & Pinterest.
In the second part, we cover 2-3 of these social platforms more in-depth (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin) according to the priorities of the participants.
Half-day (3.5 hours) training, eligible in the province of Québec under the “Loi favorisant le développement et la reconnaissance des compétences de la main d’oeuvre”.
3. CUSTOMIZED TRAINING : FACEBOOK, LINKEDIN, TWITTER
Trainings vary between one hour to half-day (3.5 hours), eligible in the province of Québec under the “Loi favorisant le développement et la reconnaissance des compétences de la main d’oeuvre”.
OTHER AVAILABLE CONFERENCES
Presented recently, can be adapted according to your needs and expectations.
1. ONLINE BEHAVIORS IN KEY INTERNATIONAL & EMERGING MARKETS
How Americans engage online, converse on social media or comment in user-generated platforms is one thing. How Europeans, South Americans or Asians behave online is a different thing. In what ways are behaviors different? How does it affect their travel purchase decision-making process?
In this breakout session, we will discuss:
- Differences in social media attitudes and adoption rates in key & emerging markets
- How does the travel industry embrace the mobile revolution?
- The impacts in rate parity throughout various distribution channels
- Is the challenge the same for B2B and B2C industry players?
This session was a part of the Receptive Services Association of America (RSAA) Summit 2013, held in Atlantic City, February 20-21, 2013.
2. IMPROVE YOUR ONLINE REPUTATION AND PRESENCE ON TRIPADVISOR
With over 75 million reviews and 60 million monthly unique visitors, Tripadvisor is a force to be reckoned with in the travel and hospitality world. How does your hotel or attraction manage comments, whether they are positive or negative? In this conference we discuss:
- Overview of the state of social media and mobile in 2013;
- Practical examples of companies and brands that dealt with a crisis situation and its management on social media;
- Basic principles and rules to follow in order to effectively manage your online reputation;
- 7 tips to better manage your presence on Tripadvisor.
Keynote given as part of Tourisme Outaouais’s annual Marketing Day, February 2013.
3. THE CHALLENGES OF INNOVATION IN TOURISM
Keynote that focuses on how to innovate in tourism, basing the approach on three pillars:
- Creation and renewal of tourism products & services;
- The need to adapt travel marketing towards a content strategy (earned & owned media) rather than focusing solely on paid media;
- The obligation to evolve and adapt to new technologies, including social media and mobile.
Presentation given to CLD Côte-de-Beaupré members, November 2012.
4. STORYTELLING & CONTENT MARKETING IN THE ERA OF SOCIAL MEDIA
A full-day training, providing an in-depth view of :
- How content should be specific according to each key social media;
- How to craft a communication 2.0 strategy adapted to your brand goals & objectives;
- Make the most of social media to reach and exceed your communication goals;
- Storytelling to capture your audience’s attention;
- Writing for social media and the web.
Half-day seminar that was conducted to members of the Société québécoise des rédacteurs professionnels (SQRP) in Montreal and Quebec City.
5. DARE TO INNOVATE IN YOUR MARKETING!
People are bombarded with advertising on a daily basis. How does one get surprised or delighted with a brand marketing? How can companies enhance their customer experience in order to make it the ultimate marketing tool, through awesome word-of-mouth of brand evangelists? In this conference, I will share:
- How marketing has changed and is experiencing a paradigm shift through social media and mobile communications;
- What are the advantages of being creative, innovative and walking off the beaten path?
- Examples of new trends, best practices and how brands are embracing storytelling and new technologies.
This keynote was given (in French) as part of the annual congress by the SATQ-FEQ (Société des Attractions Touristiques du Québec, Festivals et Événements Québec) in Shawinigan, November 2012.
6. CUSTOMER SERVICE 2.0: CHALLENGES FOR HR
Internet and new technologies are creating a paradigm shift in communications between brands and consumers. In the 2.0 era, tourists have access to more information than ever via social media, smartphones, tablets or QR codes.
This new reality is forcing managers to revisit their view of customer service, which involves rethinking the organizational structure and impacting the corporate culture. Human ressources play a key role in this new approach to customer service 2.0. How will employees be trained and what new tools are required to face this new reality?
Opening keynote to the annual HR Day organized by the CQRHT (Conseil Québécois des Ressources Humaines en Tourisme), which took place in Quebec City, September 2012.
7. THE SEVEN BUSINESS DRIVERS OF A SUCCESSFUL SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGY
Still today too many organizations enter the real of social media without any prior strategic planning. Some perceive social media as just another tool in the marketing mix while others expect miraculous sales and leads to be generated overnight.
In this conference, we discuss :
- The key elements of a social media strategy
- The seven business drivers that ought to steer your strategy and help determine the kind of resources required to achieve your goals
- Examples and case studies to better help understand the concepts explained
This presentation was given (in French) during the Rencontre LinkedIn Quebec, in Montreal, June 2012.
8. RECRUITING 2.0 AND SOCIAL MEDIA CHALLENGES FOR PHARMACEUTICAL & BIOTECH INDUSTRY
Keynote on social media and its impact on organizations, hiring policies, management and reputation:
- Basic principles of recruiting 2.0
- Managing social media access and policies in the workplace
- How to manage reputation and PR crisis within this new reality
Conference given in Montreal (June 2012) as part of the Annual General Assembly of the Comité sectoriel de main d’oeuvre des industries des produits pharmaceutiques et biotechnologiques.
9. ONLINE MARKETING STRATEGIES FOR TRAVEL 2012
I was co-Chair of this two-days event organized by EyeforTravel, in Miami (June 2012). Click here to see the full agenda
On Day 2, I gave the final presentation on the topic of “innovative right-time email marketing” where we discussed:
- Know when the time is right: Tips for getting optimal open rates on your specials and promotions for your right-time strategies
- Make email social: The importance of integrating social sharing buttons into your email strategy to boost click-through-rates and increase brand awareness
- Increase revenue! Leverage email marketing to upgrade your customers travel plans
- Discover steps to assuring your email content is mobile compatible, and fits device requirements
In case you missed the presentation, here it is!
10. TRAVEL DISTRIBUTION & SOCIAL MEDIA: THIS TRAIN IS ALREADY ON THE MOVE!
Keynote focusing on travel industry and distribution challenges, from both a B2C and B2B perspective:
- Definition of the social media landscape in the province of Quebec, in Canada and worldwide;
- E-Marketing : what roles for each social media (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest) in a distribution strategy.
- What are today’s challenges with online tourism: information overload, pricing, OTAs, UGCs, etc.
- How can associations (DMO, regional offices) strive in this sphere ?
- Good practices and case studies in tourism.
Presentation given at the first annual symposium organized by Agences et Forfaitistes du Québec (ARF-Québec), April 2012.
Interested in booking Frederic for a presentation? Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org