The folks at Filmora recently produced this insightful infographic on the state of mobile influence on travel marketing in 2018, including some helpful tips for brands seeking to make the most of this new reality. While the stats and tips featured here are not necessarily travel-specific, I find them nevertheless to be quite relevant to tourism and hospitality brands wanting to connect and reach out with travelers, in particular Millenials.
A couple of key nuggets, for example:
- People aged 16-24 spend on average 3.26 hours per day on their mobile device, compared to 0.58 hours per day for folks aged 55+
- Nearly half (48%) of Millenials watch videos ONLY on their mobile device
- Millenials are 3X more likely than Boomers to watch video on their mobile device
- Mobile devices are used for 75% of the time people spend on social media
- After Education, Tourism is considered the most interesting vertical for AR and VR marketing strategies
Check out the full infographic below.